Sunday, January 1, 2012

Everyday Bodega Bay, January 1, 2012






I hope you all had a great holiday and a Happy New Year. I'm starting this year off with a few new projects and goals. One project I'm going to complete this year is a photo everyday in my town, Bodega Bay, CA. I'm excited about this project for a few reasons. One, I love this town and I can't wait to get to know it better. Two, I look forward to seeing it with an artistic eye and capture its natural beauty as well as its everyday style. Three, I want to learn how to photograph the feel Bodega Bay gets in all types of light, weather and in every season. I hope you will follow me in this journey in discovering this small seaside town and enjoy my photos.

Today Nick and I decided to go to one of our favorite places, the Bodega Bay Head, for a walk. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing from the East so it wasn't cold and it was very clear. The place had more visitors than I'd ever seen there before and we ended up parking pretty far away form our usual parking area, which turned in to a great thing. We had always known there was a "Hole in the Head" from when this location was going to be a Nuclear Power Plant, but we've never seen the "Hole" before. Well, we parked near it and went searching. After walking through some pretty thick brush we saw it. It was full of water and was very pretty. We were the only ones around and really enjoyed the view.

As we were walking we saw some beautiful prey birds flying up the hill so we followed them and came to the top of the "Head" and looked out over a breath taking 360 degree view of the ocean, the town of Bodega Bay, the harbor and the bay its self. We sat all by ourselves soaking up the sun in a spot sheltered from the breeze looking at the coastline. We could see all the way North to Jenner and South to Point Reyes.


If you ever get a chance come out here for a beautiful walk, bring your camera and enjoy the views, they're endless.


3 comments:

  1. I envy all the green trees you have and the water. I live in the desert (which I love the landscape) but sometimes I miss the green stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw you were following my blog (mamalovesthebeach.blogspot.com), thank you! Are you still in Bodega Bay? Would LOVE to go for a walk sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Followers